[vi-android] Re: swiping the touch screen

  • From: Tony Hernandez <tonyhspeaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 12:18:46 -0400

Hi troy.

The flicking is more of a quick short motion with one finger, while the longer slower motion is going to be for exploring the screen, which of course you can do as slowly as you want and in any direction. Again, flicking is a quick, short motion to the left to the right, up, or down. actual swiping with Talk Back is done with two fingers anyway. You will probably get a feel for how touch screens respond with practice, and this will become second nature to you. You can do this.

Tony

On 5/31/2014 11:32 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
I got on skype for a while yesterday with Laz Mesa, the guy I bought the phone from, and I believe he said that there are 2 ways to work with a touch screen. I may've misunderstood though because I think my brain was already on overload from what little bit I tried to do on my own before we got together; if there are 2 ways to work with a touch screen though what would be the other way besides flicking or swiping? Btw somebody in this message thread told me to think of it more like flicking a piece of dust off of my screen instead of swiping, that was the exact words that Laz used to describe what to do. Now it's just learning how to do that flick successfully, I can already tell from what went on yesterday afternoon though that this is going to get quite frustrating before I finally catch on.
Troy