[vi-android] Re: suggestions for a newbie

  • From: "David Arocho" <darocho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 20:28:37 -0400

Hi, Cait.  I am glad to see so much good feedback here for you.  It seems
I-phone wins on reliability but the android wins on flexibility and
affordability.  I chose not to get an I-phone given its cost.  I have not
gone for an Android phone yet, but the feedback here is very helpful in
orienting me to make that decision.  You may be too young to remember the
wars over Apple, Microsoft, CPM or AT&T Unix personal computers, but it
seems we are re-living some of the dynamism of that era.  Apple offers the
one-stop solution, a closed operating system with lots of ready made
applications; android offers an open market with a multitude of products
vying for the consumer dollar.  Microsoft won the game in the eighties and
nineties.  some of us are betting on android to do something similar in the
early twenty-first century.

David