[vi-android] Re: setting up an SD card, google play change?

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:01:29 +1100

I can't remember if you can set the play store to automatically download new apps you download to the SD card, but there are certainly many apps which will let you move apps you already have to your SD card.

Also, does the Nexus 7 actually have space for an SD card ? I thought that was one of the quirks of the Nexus range that they don't have SD cards?

My other knowledge around SD cards is that if you do have a device with an SD card, not everything will work from the SD card, particularly apps which run on startup and widgets often both have trouble. I was looking at my phone the other day and with 450-something apps on it, they were only taking up 5gb. 450 apps is more than I would think the majority of people have on their phone, and most devices have more than 5gb space on their internal drives. I would usually transfer music etc onto the SD card first as that is likely to take up a lot of room if you have a fair bit, and also more convenient on the SD card if you ever want to swap it.

Regards

Quentin.

On 3/11/2013 2:36 AM, Jessica Stallder wrote:
Hey. Haven't talked to u in a while. But the button may be a nexus7 issue. But
I can just put it in without having to tell it to transfer and download all
future items to it?To post to the list, simply send email to
vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.