[vi-android] Re: A good app for Twitter

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:09:32 +1100

I just had a play with Tweetings and from a large print point of view, I wouldn't mind having a font larger than the biggest font, but it's not too bad depending on how large you need it.

I wish more twitter clients had the option to display newest tweets at the bottom, with most apps, particularly for those of us with large font settings, we have to scroll sometimes more than a screen worth to get to the start of a tweet. Even though Tweetings doesn't have a newest at the bottom option, one feature I did like was that you could scroll through your timeline with the volume keys which means you can press the volume button and know that the next tweet starts at the top of the screen, which makes it easier.

Regards

Quentin.

On 3/11/2013 9:14 AM, Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya wrote:
Hello everyone,

I guess Bill now has quite a load of information to decide on which app for Twitter to install.

But with these praises for the Tweetings for Twitter app, I guess I may be doing some things wrongly. As I wrote earlier, I find the app's settings too lengthy to go through and sometimes a bit technical (I must add).

Besides, I discovered that when I use the 'at user name' and 'ashtag' signs in Tweetings, the signs don't appear to affect anything when I visit the twitter page on my PC? Has anyone also had this experience?

Thank you.

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Reeva Webb <jadedangelpromises@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jadedangelpromises@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    The 2 twitter apps I use are tweetcaster  and tweetings  if your
    low vision I'd suggest tweetcaster cause you can make the font
    ginormous but there are unlabeled buttons I've been using it for
    so long it's not a big deal for me though if not tweetings  is
    really good too there are a lot of accessible twitter apps for
    android now try a few out and find what works for you

    Reeva

    On Nov 2, 2013 8:03 AM, "Jessica Stallder" <mzrq20@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:mzrq20@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Tweetings is the best I've seen! U can choose where and how u
        want to compose. Very accessible! U can follow me @mzrq .

        Sent from my iPod

        <wrd828@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:wrd828@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Could some one on the list tell me of a good app for
        Twitter?  Also, I want to say hello to everyone who is new on
        the list.  I got my Android  phone this July and am still
        learning.

        vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

        > To unsubscribe from the list send an email to
        vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        in the Subject field (new users, use 'subscribe' to subscribe)

        > To receive the list as a digest, send an email to
        vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with 'set vi-android
        digest' in the subject (to go back to receiving every message
        use 'unset vi-android digest' in the subject).
        To post to the list, simply send email to
        vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

        To unsubscribe from the list send an email to
        vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        in the Subject field (new users, use 'subscribe' to subscribe)

        vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with 'set vi-android
        digest' in the subject (to go back to receiving every message
        use 'unset vi-android digest' in the subject).

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-8029449441

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx>

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

On Linkedin: http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya

On Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ayokoya

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ayokoya