[vi-android] Re: blog post on special treatment.

  • From: Reeva Webb <jadedangelpromises@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:17:37 -0600

What one blind person considers special treatment another considers
necessity when it comes down to it what matters is what works for you and
your needs asking for a braille display that's $3000 that has a feature on
it that the $1500 one doesn't have I personally don't view as asking for
special treatment it's what you need to do what you need to do or in my
case if I ask for a cctv with a particular contrast and tracking features
that I need to be Abel to do what I need to do day in and out and it
happens to be more expensive then then the one that they prefer that I get
is that asking for special treatment if I take the one they prefer I get
just because it's cheaper with the attitude I should be happy just cause
they gave me something and I can't do what i need to do with it then what
would be the point of getting services if I'm gonna be expected to go along
with what they say whether it helps me or not that defeats the purpose of
the services in the first place before I go on I should say I feel about
blindness orgs how I feel about religions and political parties I don't
trust or believe any of them to bring this email back on topic one of the
reasons tap tap see said charging was necessary was to work on bringing the
app to android while I've only used tap tap see a handful of times on ios
and I understand they need money to develope the app $10 a month or $8 for
100 pictures is getting up there in price I think they should've charged
more like $5 a month and $$3 for 100 pics and made the app a dollar or two
in the app store they could still make money they need to do the work on
android

Reeva