[vi-android] Multiple questions, Android 4.1 phone from Tracfone

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:43:52 -0600

I am still struggling, but continuing to improve a wee bit in my use of a new
phone with Jellybean 4.1.
Phone is from Tracfone, an Optimus Dynamic II. Also referred to as LG 39c in
the manual.
Being new to touch screens, I have figured some of my trouble is due to newbie
user errors. But sometimes the inconsistency prompts me to ask members of the
list some questions.

Talkback and Explore By Touch is on.
Sometimes it talks and sometimes it does not so much.
Line by line seems to be the most reliable way. The Say All, I can hardly ever
get it to work.

Plus Talkback will be turned off sometimes, and I can never figure out how I
managed to do that.
I think it might be after an update has occurred. I think this because when I
get someone to help turn it back on, the Language will be in Portuguese!
Ha! Go figure, huh?
Then, sometimes when I turn Talkback on, it will not speak until I turn off the
phone and let it Restart.

Also, Question. is 1 GHz memory on an Android phone considered too little?
I wondered if resources is an issue to explain some behavior.

Voice Dialing.
I am not finding this on my phone.
I was using an old LG flip phone for years that had Voice Services, for Voice
Dialing from my Contacts.
Simple, yet more useful than now, with this phone, where I have to find the
call and message buttons from the Contacts or use Search.

Plus finding the Answer button. Yikes.

I installed an ap called Easy Answer.
Suppose to answer by shaking the phone.
Not so much.

There are my questions.
I hope someone may guide me along a pathway to my Android diploma.

Thanks.
Richard