[vi-android] Re: Swype keyboard and accented letters

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 14:48:24 +1000

I just discovered my trial has expired so it's a bit crippled but I just had a bit if a play and found that without talkback running you long press a letter to get additional options like accents and acutes. With talkback running I couldn't figure out how to get that up.

I did notice you can change language so maybe if you write in say Spanish regularly, there might be a way of quickly changing languages?

Sorry, that probably didn't help!

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 6 May 2014 2:13:25 PM "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is not a total? dealbreaker for me? But, it's darn close to one, if there not be a way.

How in the world! in the Nuance Swype keyboard+dragon dictate do I type acute letters. For instance, say I want to type the spanish word for bird. The word is:

pájaro.

that's P, A-Acute... key word, j, A, r, o. The first A has an accent on it. Pajaro isn't a word. what if I want my ñ simble... I.E, señorita. Or maybe the inverted exclaimation mark and inverted question marks... I.E:
¡Me encanta Talkback en Android!  ¿Y ustedes?

You get the point.  How do I get at those characters?

Chris.