[vi-android] Re: Locating talk back

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgwaxhawlover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 21:26:25 -0400

Settings, Accessibility, Talkback.

Actually, on the Kindle I very briefly played with, I don't think it was the
HDX but anyway, it seems like it was called Voice Guidance.

It should be fairly obviously though once you're in Settings, Accessibility.
If nothing else, press and hold the power button until you hear a few piano
notes.  Then place two fingers spread a few inches apart from each other
horizontally on the screen with it in landscape mode, and you should hear
continue holding to enable accessibility.  Keep your fingers held, and then
eventually it should turn on.  Once it does, lift both your fingers off the
screen.  Don't lift them though until you hear that accessibility was enabled.

Chris.