[vi-android] Re: Kindle Fire

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgwaxhawlover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 06:42:23 -0400

When you say features of the Kendle, what're we talking here?  What makes it
different than any other tablet?  I mean, I understand it's a Kindle, but yeah,
when I looked at my friend's, I honestly really wasn't that terribly impressed.
 From what I could see, it just looked like a regular oal tablet, with a
modified version of Android to allow it to use Amazon's overlay.  The way I see
it is, what makes it any better than just getting a Nexus, or something of the
sort.  If you're attracted to the fact it has an external SD card slot, then,
ok, I'll grant you that.  The Nexus doesn't have one, but! that said, I know
beyond a doubt that there are tablets out there which do.  If it's that you can
read Kindle books, you already can do that with a native Android device using
the Kindle app, which is essentially, the same as on a Kindle itself.  OK,
before Aaron or others bite off my head... I, said, similar!  I didn't say!
exactly! the same.  Let me make that real clear.  The interface is slightly
different, yes, but it's very close.  Really, from what I've seen and read
online, there really isn't much difference either in price.  A Galaxy tablet,
and even a Nexus tablet will run you almost the same thing.  So yeah, I'm not
saying that a Kindle wouldn't make a good tablet for some people, I'm simply
asking what makes them so great compared to just a regular tab?  Unless I
missed something, I don't really see it to be any better.

Chris.