[vi-android] Re: Cases for Samsung S4, are they all "flip"?

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 06:46:11 +1100

I read something about battery cases, possibly some cases come with an extra large / long life battery necessitating losing the original back?

Ah the first site below clears it up, the official case from Samsung actually replaces the back of the phone, presumably to make it as thin as possible?

Anyway just had a quick look and found a couple of lists of recommended cases for the s4:

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Dec2013/best-samsung-galaxy-s4-cases-roundup.html

http://www.phonearena.com/news/10-Samsung-Galaxy-S-4-cases-the-best-case-scenarios_id41112

http://www.t3.com/features/best-samsung-galaxy-s4-cases-and-covers

http://m.androidcentral.com/best-samsung-galaxy-s4-cases-and-covers

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-samsung-galaxy-s4-case-15-to-choose-from-1149624

Glad I found that mention of the original case, I was wondering about that!

All the best,

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 3 January 2014 1:07:58 AM "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

In answer to your first question, the flip case I was shown had a smooth
hard back so it was designed in such a way that to use it I would have had
to remove the back of the phone to expose the battery/sim card and then
place the phone in the case.

Having read your message all the way through I think it's a bumper stile
case that I'm really after.  I'll have a look around the net and speak to a
few people and see if I can find one either in a shop here in Birmingham UK,
or for sale online by a company in the UK.

Alexander Shannon