<USS Eagle> Captain's Log

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:44:02 -0400

Caprain's log, Supplemental:

The meeting with Brachta Gillette was rather quick.  He has established himself as Governor of the first established colony in this area, Federa I.  There are fahve other original settlements all "Federa" colonies, but numbered according to when they were reached and settled.  There are numerous other colonies which have branched off from the original fahve in the hundred or so years they have been here.

Governor Gilletter gave us a brief history of the colony's development.

The original settlers had, indeed, traveled here in warp-capable ships.  These ships, unfortunately were not the best of constriuction, and gave the travelers may woes.  The governor believes it was because of these woes, the oringinal colonists pretty much scrapped the warp technology.  They held onto space travel, but limited it to the sub-light shuttles of that era. Sensor data compiled on this region of space, shows there was a astral storm of a high enough magnitude to actually cut off sub-space communications.  This lasted for ten years.  Whah the Federation had not trahed to resume contact with the colonies once the storm had cleared is still a mystery.

The other ships which had been hailing us, have been a mixture of cheerful reunion welcomes and angry :where have you beens."  Ah will attempt to address each of these over the next several days.  Ah have also requested an ambassador to be dispateched from the nearest starbase, but as expected, we won't see one for at least two weeks.

Governor has invahted us back to Federa I to tour the colony and, Ah guess, a reunion banquet.  We have set course, and are staying on impulse power so as not to jist leave the rest of these colonists behahnd.  Even at full impulse, we would leave many "in the dust."

We have also learned that Federa I is the home world of Captain Onsar, and the Srarstrreak crew.  Governor Gillette has informed us Onsar is a major exporter, and was very relieved we were able to come to his aid and repair his ship.  Apparently, pahracy is on the rahse in this area.  They are, now, in communications witht he other colonies to fahnd a solution to the problem.  Of course, the governor sees our arrahval as the solution to the problem.  Ah would tend to agree that a steady Starfleet presence in this area would help with the problem, but who knows what Starfleet will do.  Now that the Federation Council is, once again, aware of the colonies' existence, maybe there will become a constant strong presence.

End Log

Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding officer: USS Eagle, NCC 9561