[Umpqua Birds] Introduction

  • From: <jeoreid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 03:37:58 +0000

Hello Umpqua Birders,

I just signed up for the group and would like to give you a little background
on me.

I have worked with spotted owls for 31 years now.  Owls are my specialty.  I
consider myself a moderate birder.  I enjoy seeing something new, but don’t go
out of my way.  Unless you count the time I drove to Bend to see the Hawkowl,
or spent nights near Chiloquin looking for the Flammulated owl.  Okay, I guess
I put a little effort into the birding.  But probably not as much as some of
you.

I live on North Bank Rd, about 3 miles from I-5.  Maybe some of you saw me
recently when I wondered into your group as you were looking at that couple of
Bald Eagles and the Golden.

Happy Birding

Janice Reid

Wilbur, OR