[uae] Re: e-uae 1.6.10 wip

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:39:45 +0300

Ok, those of us on ppc machines (osX ppc, for example) don't have JIT options,
so the #ifdef JIT thing is important (:

"cachesize" is included in the JIT area of the cfgfile.c - but later it's
referred to by other files, as if JIT is always on.

Just caught this after applying Fabien's patch to the cvs4.  *(NOT Fabien's
bug, I don't think.  Prolly not Mustafa's either - Prolly not Toni's cuz
Windows doesn't do ppc (:  Well ok Xbox360. But this crept in due to a
combination of all of the work done to bring the modern stuff into the tree,
and the fact that, ya know, that ugly cross-platform stuff is ugly (:  )

Say, Fabien, are you using git to format your patches?  If so, great - I'll
somehow hook the stuff to my local git tree for this project.  If not, oh
well - I'll just patch manually (:  Did that for this one anyway.

I'll try to patch up the ppc bits here in a few, I have a feeling the osX SDL
framework stuff is going to be a bit more complex (:  And still need to keep
this compiling on it's main, intended target: the Pandora (:

(YES, I'm working on having this for osX, both PPC and Intel. NO, I don't plan
on working on the problem with cd32 and osX scsi. Don't ask me to fix that. It
will take a LOT of research and a LOT of patience and to be honest I just do
NOT care about gaming, at ALL, so I am NOT gonna do it.  And yes I plan on
trying this for MorphOS ppc as well.  YES I know I have demos to code.  And
to that note: I am unable to spend 80 hours a week on this, so patches may be
very, very sporadic.)

(also: NO, I'm not writing a ppc version of the JIT code.  Or an ARM version
or a sparc version or a MIPS version. )