[uae] Re: Snapshot 20070317

  • From: Jason Rainforest <l3mming@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:24:30 +1000

Hey Rich,

The latest release works very well indeed, both the AMD64 and i586
versions (with the latter being much quicker due to the JIT - AB3D2 is
great at 35fps fullscreen, lol).

There's one issue with the i586 version when running a compiz, and I'm
not sure why it occurs. Here's a window shot of the E-UAE window:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~l3mming/temp/E-UAE.jpg

The E-UAE window contents are transparent, and seem to be adding to
what's in the background (a sunset, hence the orange and yellow), also
there's a shell window with E-UAE's output. The Workbench screen in the
E-UAE window is the standard 3.0/3.1 grey.

This problem doesn't occur if sdl.use_gl is set to true, however when
E-UAE is using an OpenGL display, the updates are very erratic
(something to do with compiz' compositing, all OpenGL apps seem to have
a similar issue, with either erratic updates or halved framerates as is
the case with Quake III/IV).

The AMD64 version of E-UAE doesn't have this issue, just the i586
version. The system here is Ubuntu 6.10 with latest updates, plus Compiz
3.6.0 compiled from Gandalfn's repository (Ubuntu 6.10 comes with a much
earlier version of Compiz).

Cheers,

Jason