RE: [tuning-math] A 5-limit, "geometric" temperament list

  • From: "Paul H. Erlich" <PErlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:38:22 -0400

It might be useful, or at least fun, to specify exactly *which* flavors of
these temperaments we're evaluating. For example, "meantone" really is
7/26-comma meantone, right? And pelogic is 7/26-limma pelogic, yes?

Also, didn't we decide to refer to "quadrafourths" as "negri" instead?

Sorry, i'm behind on the posts here, so just jumping in -- but i'm willing
to go with euclidean geometric complexity if it's something that can
actually be *seen* in a picture or model of the lattice space. Can anyone
make a diagram for a couple of temperaments (say a 5-limit and a 7-limit,
both linear) that *show* it (geometric complexity) explicitly?