[triadtechtalk] Re: error 0x 80070002

  • From: armando barreiro <armandobarreiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 05:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

Most are not willing to let go of XP. Forgot when, but I read it will
definitely be dumped frever by MS and not be in anyway any longer supported.

8 I will never get and I'm using but Ubuntu and fiddle with other Linux
distros, but as with anything else, familiarity has me using Ubuntu. I do 7 and
Vista but only to help others that wish to use but MS stuff. Mind you, it still
continues to be the most used OS.

But don't forget that Google will always lead you to resolve whatever problem
you might encounter with XP and all.

BW, Juanita.

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:38 PM, Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chase wrote

.... but got a short message from them about xp users..... said if you have
xp they will be providing security etc and stuff in the program for xp users to
keep you on line etc using System mechanic.
According to this review they didn't dump xp but don't support it.
"Review for System Mechanic Professional"
March 5, 2014  |   By cmwaters
Version: System Mechanic Free 12.5.0.79
Pros
Fast, Easy, Reliable, and Downright Satisfying!

The
"analyze" feature shows you what issues your computer has at a quick glance.
Cons
When you install it to another computer, you have to use
the SAME email that the copy is registered to. This can get rather annoying, as
I have quite a few email accounts to track on a daily basis (work, school,
home,
work-at-home, website, etc.)

Stopped supporting Windows XP
(bummer)

Doesn't support Linux

Offers "Premium Services" for a
fee.
I DL AGV I can't find anything that says it wont update on
xp.
Sure am glad you reminded me you don't like Windows 8. I
was planning on getting 8. If AGV holds up and I don't get a virus I can't get
rid of I will keep what I got until 9 comes out and see how you all like it.
Maybe it will be a good one like xp. Rather pay  a little more than get 7
just to hear MS is closing another window. This old pc works fine but is
getting
slow. I didn't realize it until my daughter got a new one.
I have read system machinics is hard to set up. Is that
true?
Hi Armando long time no see!
Juanita

>Juanita..... I don't use xp anymore but dumped my win8 trash bag and went
>back to win 7 here..... I also have system mechanic and been using it for near
> cant even remember .... but got a short message from them about xp users.....
> said if you have xp they will be providing security etc and stuff in the
>program for xp users to keep you on line etc using System mechanic. I think
>runs 25.96 forget since I use the pro version on all my computers...2 desktops
> and my laptop....might check it out see if may be a good thing for
>you.....win  8 is the millennium of 2014 for MS and has near bankrupted them
>plus killed PC  sales.... new win 9 is due middle of next year think saying
>May  2015    chuck in Ok
>
>In a message dated 4/6/2014 10:39:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
>jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>After using fixit to  uninstall MSE It appeared MSE was gone but I keept
>getting error 0x  80070002. Kept searching using other phrases. Finally
>searched microsoft  client error 0x80070002 got another fixit followed
>instrucrions   worked like a charm.  I have Windows xp. No more error
>0x80070002 after  rebooting..
>>Below is the fixit  I found. Click on the link on this web page that says
>>install and  uninstall works great on xp.
>>Since MSE want be  suppored for xp someone else might need this. Hope it will
>> help someone.
>>
>>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/uninstalling-microsoft-security-essentials/316493c2-8885-46b0-afba-28ebd45c0838
>>
>>Juanita
>No virus found in this  message.
  Database: 3882/7316 - Release Date: 04/08/14