[triadtechtalk] Re: error 0x 80070002

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:37:26 -0500

Chase wrote

.... but got a short message from them about xp users..... said if you have xp
they will be providing security etc and stuff in the program for xp users to
keep you on line etc using System mechanic.
According to this review they didn't dump xp but don't support it.
"Review for System Mechanic Professional"

March 5, 2014  |   By cmwaters

Version: System Mechanic Free 12.5.0.79

Pros

Fast, Easy, Reliable, and Downright Satisfying!

The "analyze" feature shows you what issues your computer has at a quick glance.

Cons

When you install it to another computer, you have to use the SAME email that
the copy is registered to. This can get rather annoying, as I have quite a few
email accounts to track on a daily basis (work, school, home, work-at-home,
website, etc.)

Stopped supporting Windows XP (bummer)

Doesn't support Linux

Offers "Premium Services" for a fee.

I DL AGV I can't find anything that says it wont update on xp.

Sure am glad you reminded me you don't like Windows 8. I was planning on
getting 8. If AGV holds up and I don't get a virus I can't get rid of I will
keep what I got until 9 comes out and see how you all like it. Maybe it will be
a good one like xp. Rather pay  a little more than get 7 just to hear MS is
closing another window. This old pc works fine but is getting slow. I didn't
realize it until my daughter got a new one.

I have read system machinics is hard to set up. Is that true?

Hi Armando long time no see!

Juanita

  Juanita..... I don't use xp anymore but dumped my win8 trash bag and went
back to win 7 here..... I also have system mechanic and been using it for near
cant even remember .... but got a short message from them about xp users.....
said if you have xp they will be providing security etc and stuff in the
program for xp users to keep you on line etc using System mechanic. I think
runs 25.96 forget since I use the pro version on all my computers...2 desktops
and my laptop....might check it out see if may be a good thing for you.....win
8 is the millennium of 2014 for MS and has near bankrupted them plus killed PC
sales.... new win 9 is due middle of next year think saying May 2015    chuck
in Ok

  In a message dated 4/6/2014 10:39:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
    After using fixit to uninstall MSE It appeared MSE was gone but I keept
getting error 0x 80070002. Kept searching using other phrases. Finally searched
microsoft client error 0x80070002 got another fixit followed instrucrions
worked like a charm.  I have Windows xp. No more error 0x80070002 after
rebooting..
    Below is the fixit I found. Click on the link on this web page that says
install and uninstall works great on xp.
    Since MSE want be suppored for xp someone else might need this. Hope it
will help someone.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/uninstalling-microsoft-security-essentials/316493c2-8885-46b0-afba-28ebd45c0838

    Juanita
  No virus found in this message.