[triadtechtalk] error 0x 80070002

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 10:38:27 -0500

After using fixit to uninstall MSE It appeared MSE was gone but I keept getting
error 0x 80070002. Kept searching using other phrases. Finally searched
microsoft client error 0x80070002 got another fixit followed instrucrions
worked like a charm.  I have Windows xp. No more error 0x80070002 after
rebooting..
Below is the fixit I found. Click on the link on this web page that says
install and uninstall works great on xp.
Since MSE want be suppored for xp someone else might need this. Hope it will
help someone.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/uninstalling-microsoft-security-essentials/316493c2-8885-46b0-afba-28ebd45c0838