[triadtechtalk] Re: Temp Folder

  • From: Howard <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:34:29 -0500

JEFF wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> As long as we're talking about what is and is not safe to delete when
> cleaning up useless files, what about what's in the Temp folder. I see a lot
> of stuff in there but I'm not sure what is safe to delete or not safe.
> What kind of files should I be looking for? Some of these files are setup
> files, there's also jpg and bitmap and all sorts of files that I'm not even
> sure what they are for.
> Any help here would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff in San Marcos

Hi Jeff ... Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>disk cleanup. Click
on that and a box will open asking which drive to clean. If C is your main
disk, select that and then OK. Another 3 tab box will open and it
shows the items to be cleaned. You have the option to tic the boxes to the left
of each item. Click to highlight any line and read the message in the box
below. It will tell you what is safe and what it will NOT delete as
well. Click each line and read the message. If you decide to do it, tic each
box that you want done and then OK. It will as you to verify that you want to
delete before proceeding. Mine is cleaned every night and anything
that needs to be left there ... is.
--
 ** - Howard - **
bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx