[triadtechtalk] Re: Floppy Disk drive

  • From: armando barreiro <armandobarreiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 03:02:15 -0800 (PST)

That's a common problem with magnetic media such as floppies.

It matters not as to which OS may have been used originally to record the
contents, the floppy disk simply deteriorates. See
<http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/clean_disks.html> and the included
hyperlinks within the article.

This trial program may help in recovering the data, but it's really designed to
promote the sale of the commercial version:
<http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/>

I can often recover some of the corrupted data by using this in Linux:
<http://www.r-tt.com/data_recovery_linux/>
<http://www.dtidata.com/free_data_recovery_software/free_floppy_disk_recovery.zip>

Good luck,

Armando