[torontocbm] Re: is there a database of info on protection schemes - how to copy various programs?

  • From: James Alexander <james.m.alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:57:29 -0500

One set of programs I have originals of and would like to know how to backup is the Pocket series, ie pocket planner, pocket writer etc. I've looked a few times and haven't found a method of making a working backup. I may have missed copies online but most sites with Commodore software concentrate on games and ignore these.

On 04/12/2011 1:56 PM, Dan Gahlinger wrote:
I'm just wondering if someone has done this yet (must be) a list of
the protection schemes the c64 used, detailing the info on them,

and/or a list of how to backup various programs (or companies) disks.

especially using nibtools (.nib or .g64 files)

I've long since forgotten the protection schemes and how to back them
up, I have many originals.

Like Maniac Mansion which uses rapidlok,
Accolade Comics which has some odd protection
Project FireStart
Neuromancer
Toy Bizarre

and stuff like SuperKit - I don't think I've seen a decent copy of this anywhere
(I have the original of all of these)