[torontocbm] Re: is there a database of info on protection schemes - how to copy various programs?

  • From: Dan Gahlinger <dgahling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 14:35:08 -0500

this page also has a good discussion-
http://c64preservation.com/dp.php?pg=protection

but it'd be really nice to see a database/spreadsheet of each
program/company and details on how to copy it (not necessarily the
protection internals) but enough to make a backup with nibtools.

something like; program-x tracks1-35 options -d

I have a few "archival" disks which are basically blank disks with a few
tracks of -just- the protected portions of certain programs.
like it will say use a disk nibbler, copy tracks 1-12 and 16-30 only for a
specific game.

The place I used to work at actually had a manager that used to sell those
things.

Dan.