[torontocbm] Re: VICE throttled?

  • From: Gil Winkler <kimmyland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:37:51 -0400

No, actually I am talking about running it at 250fps, which is done through
the multiplication factor
option (200%, 100%, 50%, 20%, 10%, No limit, Custom) and also known as 'warp
mode'....which
brings it up to about 26MHz and almost to 55 when I deselect various
options.

Right....that is what I was talking about :)   I am using the PET 4032
emulator and TRYING to run it faster than
5500% (Considering that I have 4.2Ghz at my disposal, this would mean, after
accounting for the loss of speed
through compilation and emulation that there should be somewhere about a
100x-fold loss of speed.)   I am wondering
if the software deliberately throttles VICE to top-out at somewhere around
60MHz or is the emulator so badly written that
4,200Mhz will only translate to 30MHz on VICE?

Thanks