[torontocbm] Re: VICE throttled?

  • From: Ian Colquhoun <icolquhoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:00:55 -0400

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Gil Winkler <kimmyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys....I have a dual core Pentium 2.1GHz proc (4.2GHz 2-thread) and I
> can only get
> VICE to run at maximum 50Mhz with most options turned off.....this is a 100x
> loss in speed.
> I know there is going to be a significant trade-off because it is compiled,
> but 100x?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA

50 Hz (not MHz) means you are running the VICE emulator in PAL mode.
If you flip to NTSC, it'll display 60 Hz. It is in reference to the
frequency of the video display.

The 100 you see in the status bar means that the emulator is running
at 100% speed of a real C64. In the options you can set it to 200%,
and even higher. In Warp mode with your hardware, you should easily be
able to run at 4500% or more.

--
Ian Colquhoun <icolquhoun@xxxxxxxxx>