[tn-moths] Re: FOY

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:55:09 -0500

How cool is that? I've yet to see one. Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving!

Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:51:10 -0500
Subject: [tn-moths] FOY
From: birders3@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy Thanksgiving,     Yesterday I had a beautiful "Hemileuca maia" or Eastern
Buck Moth.  I had never seen one before and was very surprised that it was here
this late and in perfect condition.  Yesterday was a decently mild date here
and we have had similar days in the last week with only one day of freezing a
little over a week ago.  Great to see this beauty.
                               J. N. Howard,
                         Fiery Gizzard Cove
                        Marion County