[tn-moths] Re: FOY

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:18:51 -0400

That's a nice array of moths.
Jean
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: J.N. & Ella Howard
  To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:48 PM
  Subject: [tn-moths] FOY

  Friends,
       The list below are moths which have come to my porch over the last three
weeks, but I have not had time to identify and send this list until now.

       5159 Desmia funeralis - Grape Leaffolder
       7648E  Dyspteris aborivaria - Badwing Moth
       7915 Nadata gibbosa
       7787 Ceratomia undulosa - The Waved Sphinx
       7903 Datana angusii
       8442 Bomolocha baltimoralis
       8443 Bomolocha bijugalis
       6261E Heliomata cycladata
       7825 Paonias myops - The Small-eyed Sphinx
       7746 Automeris io - The IO Moth
       6763 Phaeoura quermaria
       6748 Pero ancetaria
       8721 Allotria elonympha - The False Underwing
       4624 Harrisina american - Grapeleaf  skeletonizer moth
       6077 Thyris lugubris - The mournful thyris
       6599 Epimecis hortoria - Tulip Tree Beauty Moth
       6240 Euthyatira pudens

       Last night was cool so almost nothing showed up so I turned the light
off about midnight.  Corrections welcome. I enjoy seeing the ones you see.
                                                           J. N. Howard, Fiery
Gizzard Cove, Marion County