[tn-moths] Re: FOY

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:45:42 -0400

J.N.,

I'm thrilled to see you participating. FOYs for counties are always welcome. We
don't expect individuals to always be aware of everything that has already been
recorded. It helps if you include the county name in the subject line e.g. FOY
Marion County. Thanks for contributing and nice find on the Callosamia
anguliferas.

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City, TN

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:08:50 -0500
Subject: [tn-moths] FOY
From: birders3@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,
     Being new to the group I don't know what may be expected early or which
ones are commonplace enough not to be mentioned.  Anyway, overnight April 16
two callosamia anguliferas (The Tulip Tree Silk Moth) were on window screens
where inside lamp light is close to the window.  These were the first of the
year for here.

J. N. Howard, Fiery Gizzard Cove, Marion County