[tn-dragonflies] Cherokee Clubtail

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:24:53 -0400

I was out at the Eastman Rec. Park along Horse Creek in Kingsport on June
14 (day after Dragonfly Day). Starting around 7:30 am, by around 11 am I
had observed 8 dragonflies that I tentatively identified as Cherokee
Clubtails. Can't say for sure about the females, but three males looked
good. However, I would like to ask you once again, just to be more certain,
if these look good for Cherokee. I'll post a link here to a full size image
showing one of the males. I was focusing on the terminal appendages in
hopes that this would be most helpful. Other characteristics observed were:
small size, t3 and t4 thin but complete, and face with one thin crossline.
Opinions once again appreciated. Here is the link to look at a large size
image on flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricksphotos0501/18878824661/sizes/o/

Rick

--