[tn-dragonflies] Re: Stones River - Tennessee Clubtails

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 10:47:07 -0400

Kristy,

Nice! Tennessee Clubtial for sure. There in Rutherford Co. you are in the
heart of Gomphus sandrius country.

Richard C
Nashville

In a message dated 6/15/2015 9:09:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello,

Yesterday I took some time in the afternoon to visit the Stones River in
Murfreesboro. While there, I had what I believe to be two, if not three,
Tennessee Clubtails. Here are the links to the pictures. (Please let me
know if I have the ID wrong!!) I took a lot of pictures, photographing them
for over 30 minutes, but these pictures may even be of the same individual.
They kept flying about and clashing over the water before landing again.
I finally got tired of taking their pictures and waded back upstream to the
car. :) Note to self: Check camera settings next time!!

http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/160438507
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/160438506
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/160438505
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/160438504
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/160438503

In addition to those, I seen:
Prince Basketail - 2
Widow Skimmer - 2
Eastern Pondhawk - 7
Ebony Jewelwing - Many
American Rubyspot - 2
Variable Dancer - Many
Powdered Dancer - Many
and probably a Blue-ringed Dancer (I haven't looked at my other photos to
confirm)

Kristy Baker
Rockvale, TN
Rutherford County