[TN-Bird] Turkeys

  • From: "Michelle Brown" <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:04:08 -0500

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded.  Many good suggestions.  I have
contacted TARA and was informed that I should post my property with the
permission only signs at 100 yds all the way around the property.  Another way
to post the property was to post every 250 yds with blue strips of paint 1"x4"
every 50 yds.

Apparently in the state of Tennessee a hunter must have written permission from
the property owner and it must be on his person.  That is for private lands.  I
know this person does not have written permission from myself, my neighbor or
the properties that back up to the area.  Therefore he should be no where
within a 2 mile radius of my farm with a gun.

I guess I will be spending a day posting my property and trying to hold up my
end of the deal as if a fence all the way around your property isn't enough to
establish that it is private.  Gone are the days that you have any rights as a
property owner.

If I lived in a residential area and a man was walking around my yard with coon
dogs and a gun the police would be on him like white on rice.  Because I live
in the county and my yard is 90 acres it is ok for the man, his dogs and his
gun to be walking around my yard.  Just doesn't seem fair.

Michelle Brown
Blountville, TN