[tn-bird] Shorebird Count - Data Base Update

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,marvdavs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:29:27 EDT

Here is a posting for those interested in shorebirds:

REMINDER:  Lower Mississippi Valley Joint Venture Coordinated Shorebird
Counts

The first of two LMVJV coordinated shorebird counts will take place this
weekend (August 10-11), with the second count scheduled for September14-15.

Data entry via the web (www.lmvjv.org/shorebird) is encouraged.  However,
if you do not have access to the web, you can submit your observations to
me at the address listed below.  If you submit your observations directly
to me, please include a map of where you counted.

We have made a few changes to the web site that we think will you will like
(please note that we will be working on the web pages this week, but it
will be stable by the weekend!).  For example, you can now create custom
query reports from observations in the database, as well as edit data
entry.  Plus, look for the sign-up page (this may or may not be functional
by this weekend, but for sure will be for the September count).  Hopefully
this page will allow us to do a better job of coordinating where people are
counting.

Thanks for your participation and as always, if you have questions or
comments feel free to call or send me an email.

Good Birding,

Randy

R. Randy Wilson
Science Coordinator