[TN-Bird] Sandhill Cranes

  • From: Billie <bfcantwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:19:44 -0600

Special plea for festival donations

We all know TWRA maintains thousands of acres of Wildlife Management Areas
and Refuges that benefit both game and watchable wildlife species.
Birdwatchers are often criticized because we benefit from the fees paid by
hunters and fishers, without contributing financially ourselves.

The Hiwassee Refuge, the mecca for Sandhill Cranes in the Southeast, is by
far the Refuge most visited by wildlife watchers of all kinds. Therefore, it
is important to let TWRA know that we appreciate their efforts, and will
contribute to the management of this special place.

By making a donation to the TN Crane Fund at the price of a hunting/fishing
license, $28 (or a multiple there of: $56, $74, $280  . . .) your donation
will go into that dedicated fund to be used only for crane management, crane
research, or increased crane viewing opportunities.

All of your contributions will be tallied and presented to the TWRA
Commissioners as an indication of how much we value this refuge, the cranes,
and how important watchable wildlife is to us.

Here¹s how to make your donation:
By credit card: Call BJ Haas of the TWRA Foundation Tennessee Wildlife
Resources Foundation 615-831-9311 x115<bhaas@xxxxxxxx>
Or send a check made out to the Tennessee Crane Fund, TN Wildlife Resources
Foundation, 5000 Linbar Drive, Suite 265, Nashville, TN 37211

Thank you!!

Billie Cantwell
Knoxville, TN