[TN-Bird] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:57:36 -0600

Greetings.
     Today we have a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches coming to our feeder
for the first time this year.  We also had them on the feeder at the same
time as a White-breasted for good comparison.  We have had them at times
before, but not consistently.  I suppose they have come down from the
North.  We also had in our yard today *one* male Purple Finch and *one* Cedar
Waxwing - kind of an odd day, but nice certainly.
                                                                J. N.
Howard, Marion County