[TN-Bird] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:05:29 -0500

Greetings,
     Several years ago there was a spot where we would always have a
Lousianna Waterthrush along a creek that runs beside the road at our
property, but the last several years spring and summer have been so dry
that there is no creek and the same is true this year, but this morning
while I was having lunch I looked out our breakfast nook window and one was
bopping around our ground bird bath - the bopping is the tail wagging - so
it is the first one we have seen here in at least 5 years and a joy to see.
      Good birding to all.
                                                                  J. N.
Howard, Marion County