[THIN] Re: performance setting W2K3

  • From: "Erik Blom" <erik.blom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:02:41 +0200 (CEST)

Rick,

When I do this, in my GPO only an extra empty folder appears?

Here's what I did:

copied and pasted text in new .adm template, added template in GPO:
result: empty folder under computer configuration, administrative
templates

copied and pasted text in system.adm, under user settings. result: empty
folder under user configuration, administrative templates.

Maybe I can also make this work by adding a VisualFXSetting value of 0
under HKCUSoftware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects
(using the logon script)?
This value doesn't exist, however, so I'm unsure about its relevance.

Tx,

Erik