[THIN] Re: performance setting W2K3

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:47:35 +1000

Hi Erik,

Sorry, I intended that it should go into an existing file adm file.

Otherwise it needs a CLASS USER statement at the top of the file so that it
will appear under the user configuration. Otherwise it would be creating that
value under HKLM\Software.

How about you use this (just cut and paste):

------- start visualfx.adm ---------
; visualfx.adm
; note this is an unmanaged policy

CLASS USER

CATEGORY "Visual Effects"
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects"
    POLICY "Visual Effects"
        PART "Disable Visual Effects"    CHECKBOX
  VALUENAME "VisualFXSetting"
      VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
      VALUEON  NUMERIC 2
        END PART