[THIN]

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 07:43:36 -0600

Hey group.

I am looking for articles or specifics what is the best ICA
(Presentation Server Client) to deploy to users.  We use mainly
Published Applications but we do have a few Published Desktop
Applications in the mix.

My boss wants to deploy the Web client and Program Neighborhood client
only (without installing the PN Agent Client) when we upgrade to ICA
10.15.  Today we deploy all 3 clients; they are the Web Client, the PN
Agent, and the Program Neighborhood clients.  We primarily use Program
Neighborhood and I suggest using the PN Agent client as our primary
Citrix ICA client.

We have over 3,500 concurrent users and over 220 Citrix Servers still
running PS 4.0 in our Citrix farm.

I feel we should move to the PN agent client and he basically told me
that I am off the wall with my suggestion so I am asking all of you for
your advice on the subject.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

A couple other factors.

*         We currently use only fat clients (XP workstations).

*         We will be going to Thin clients in 2008.

*         We are focusing on using the SBC model completely

Thank You.

Jay

TCS Americas Technology - La Crosse

Citrix Server Team