[THIN]

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:01:06 +0100

We working on a script as we need to determine at logon whether the user is
running a published desktop or a published application.
We've an MFCOM vb script as follows:
Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set objFarm = CreateObject("MetaFrameCOM.MetaFrameFarm")
objFarm.Initialize 1
For Each objSession In objFarm.Sessions
If objSession.SessionName =
objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%SessionName%") Then
MsgBox(objSession.AppName)
End If
Next
However for this to work the user needs to be a MF Administrator with this
custom permission Applications | Sessions | View Session Management...which
is less than desirable..
Does anybody know any other way of distinguishing between a published
desktop and a published application at logon in a user context?
tia

Andrew Wood
Sunderland
United Kingdom