[THIN] Re: connecting to a farm in different farm

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:45:49 -0500

If everybody needs to run the same app and only one app, it's easier to use
an .ica file rather then doing it in PN.

If you need multiple apps, then create a pre-configured Program Neighborhood
that has the .ini files ini it. Configure your published apps to put the
icon on the desktop and start menu. When the user launches PN the first
time, it will be pre-configured and the shortcuts will appear automatically.

The major problem with PN is that it is not centrally configured. You have
to be good at scripting to change the configuration once the client is
deployed.

Another problem with PN is that some of the newer features, like Workspace
Control, are not supported. I suspect that Citrix won't be doing much
development in the PN client.

Just out of curiosity, why is Web Interface/PNAgent not a possibility?