[THIN] Re: connecting to a farm in different farm

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:39:17 +0100

Hi

I am having a lot of issues with this connection after I got it running
on one server by updating the client and copying the pn.ini and the 3
config files that reference the icon.

I am getting the first logon to the server in head office were it
prompts for login details but when it starts authenticating settings it
just sits there, I can see the packets heading out via firewall logs but
they look the same if it connects or doesn't. I have seen a number of
posts relating to the hanging of a published app. I have tried running
process monitor but cant get any pointer to help me of why it hangs.

The same user will work n one server but not on the other server with
the same config. some posts said to install the latest hotfix but I am
having trouble finding the latest for XP FR3 on win2K.

this is really puzzling me

Ronnie