[THIN] Re: Xenapp 6, Office 2010 and Oracle ODBC

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 21:02:54 +0800

It depends on how the app is making the ODBC call. It's probably looking for
the driver in the wrong folder. You could only really test this will Process
Monitor, or something like that.

You can only use c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe because this is where the
driver is loaded. Try copying the driver registry information from here
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC" to here "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC". Then you'll
be able to use c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

I deployed Oracle 10g Client on a recent XenApp 6 deployment. Version
10.2.0.4 is a minimum requirement to be able to installed and registered
correctly on Windows 2008 R2. You will then need to apply the 10.2.0.5 patch
set.

Cheers,
Jeremy.