[THIN] Re: Xenapp 6, Office 2010 and Oracle ODBC

Yes, I tried 11g as well but 10g is working fine with programs except for office.
I have just posted a solution as Webster proposed.

I'm just wondering if this is an issue with what you installed as part of the Oracle client installation... What options did you select?

Also, any reason you aren't using the 11g client? The 32bit client is actually supported on 64bit hosts by Oracle with 11g.

Berny

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM, David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, I can.

Can you tnsping the data source?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM, David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi List,

recently we have migrated to Xenapp6 into Hyper-v environment.

We have installed Office 2010 32 bits edition because Microsoft recommends 32 rather than 64b.
Anyway, we also have ODBC oracle 10g release to access Oracle server, we use others programs to access and works fine.

But, the problem is to access from Office (normally excel) to Oracle using ODBC.
I have tried many many thinks but I cannot fix the problem.
ODBC administrator can only be configured from c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
Using this I can configure and test connection, and connection is succesfull.

Moving to Excel and trying to access data from ODBC connection is not posible.

Has anybody faced this problem?

Thanks