[THIN] Re: TS Licensing

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:44:43 -0600

Two things:
1. My understanding is Server 2008 will track and enforce per-user
licensing
2. Licensing in this manner (selecting per-user and then not actually
purchasing the appropriate CALs) is a violation of Microsoft's licensing
terms. Many companies wish to comply with all licensing agreements, even
those that are based on the "honor system" and not rigidly enforced by
the vendor. Just so you know.