[THIN] Re: Rapport & Cisco

  • From: "Mike MacDonald" <Mike.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:44:13 -0400

We had tons of problems with Rapport 4 on our network, not Cisco though,
Nortel, but I had the same problem. Rapport worked fine on the local
switch, but once more than one switch was involved nothing worked. I
went through all the port forwarding stuff that it sounds like you are
trying, to no avail.

Through a lot of network sniffs and digging I found that the DHCP proxy
functionality of Rapport was not RFC compliant. Keep in mind that
throughout the whole ordeal they had been telling me the problem was our
network. Once I proved it was their software they were pretty quick to
patch it.

In any case, my point is don't assume the problem is your routers. Don't
assume anything when dealing with Rapport. Also, I would recommend that
you sniff both ends of the conversation to make sure that all the
packets sent are received.

Just curious, but what model(s) thin clients are you using. Also, is the
problem with all communication between the Rapport server and the
clients, or specific functions such as imaging.

-Mike MacDonald