[THIN] Re: Process Consuming 100% util

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:26:01 -0500

Ntvdm:  Usually not much hope there without add-on.

Outlook:  If not a corrupted pst, usually 100%CPU is caused by html mail is
likely.  So you are basically talking about the same things that mess up the
browser, which includes having "a bad internet day" (such as last Friday).

It is unusual for it to be "hardware", but a bad lan interface (from nic to
switch or vlan) could cause it.  Maybe in conjunction with a bad site or
internet day could push the process "over the top".  You know how to look
for those things (and if you give up you know where I am.)

Timothy R. Mangan  - Founder, TMurgent Technologies

tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx  www.tmurgent.com  (+1)781.492.0403