[THIN] Process Consuming 100% util

Hello All,

One of my friends has a MetaFrame server where "random" processes consume
100% of the CPU utilization. When this happens, the system (of course)
becomes very unresponsive. You can right-click and kill it via task manager,
and everything is fine.

The weird thing is (and what's throwing me for a loop) is that one day it's
ntvdm.exe, the next day it's outlook.exe, etc.. different apps, different
users, different sessions, same server, same problem, same resolution.

MetaFrame XP, W2k, Office 2k.

I don't want to use any kind of clamping software because I'd like find the
real cause.

Any ideas? This guy has three servers, and it only happens on one of them.
I'm keen to call it a "hardware" problem. :-)

Brian

Brian Madden

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+1.202.302.3657

Visit www.brianmadden.com for in-depth Citrix, Terminal Server, and
server-based computing news and analysis, white papers, downloadable videos,
and product reviews.