[THIN] Re: Opteron processors

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:13:38 +0100

Theyre classed as desktop/workstation processors - I'm not sure if theyre S=
MP'able but theyre not really meant for servers anyway (even if they are re=
ally opterons..)

I think theyre more expensive than the equivalent Opteron 2xx processors an=
yway?

Andrew
--o--

>>> Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx 19/04/04 19:29:56 >>>
So I guess the AMD FX-51 or FX-53 are not a suitable candidate?  Do they not
support SMP ??