[THIN] Re: OT - USB locking

  • From: Andy <andysideas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 18:12:27 +0100

Yes Jim you can disable running programs from usb 'device'.

It basically does everything you might expect.

Block people opening certain filetypes. e.g .exe mp3 etc. In our case we
only want people to be able to read office files.

You can block saving to the device if you wish or allow only certain file
types to be saved. Again stop people downloading MP3s at work and saving
them into their usb 'devices'.

On 6/2/06, Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can't you just disable running programs and or USB devices via group policy?

*"Hamilton, Ronnie" <*:

thanks

this looks good