From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com
Sent: 03 June 2006 20:06
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT - USB locking

LOL I know this, we do it all the time..I was just wondering why everyone is
reccomending third party utilities  when you can do it via Group Policy.
Jim

Andy <andysideas> wrote:

Yes Jim you can disable running programs from usb 'device'.

It basically does everything you might expect.

Block people opening certain filetypes. e.g .exe mp3 etc. In our case we only
want people to be able to read office files.

You can block saving to the device if you wish or allow only certain file types
to be saved. Again stop people downloading MP3s at work and saving them into
their usb 'devices'.

On 6/2/06, Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com <http://thinhelp.com/>  < wrote:

Can't you just disable running programs and or USB devices via group policy?

"Hamilton, Ronnie" <:

thanks

this looks good

  _____