[THIN] Re: O/T Question about Compaq DL360

  • From: Ray.Albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:47:54 -0400

Let me clarify the power supply replacement was for the DL360'S not the
DL380'S.  Have not a problem with the DL380's.

|--------+-------------------------->
|        |          Ray.Albert@choic|
|        |          epoint.net      |
|        |          Sent by:        |
|        |          thin-bounce@free|
|        |          lists.org       |
|        |                          |
|        |                          |
|        |          07/15/2002 03:01|
|        |          PM              |
|        |          Please respond  |
|        |          to thin         |
|        |                          |
|--------+-------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                               |
  |       Subject:     [THIN] Re: O/T Question about Compaq DL360
                                                               |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I agree with ED.  We have gone to the DL380 G2 which is a smaller footprint
then the old DL380's same capacity, but we also have had to replace several
fans and power supplies because of heat.

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          "Ziots, Edward"|
|        |          <EZiots@Lifespa|
|        |          n.org>         |
|        |          Sent by:       |
|        |          thin-bounce@fre|
|        |          elists.org     |
|        |                         |
|        |                         |
|        |          07/15/2002     |
|        |          11:05 AM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to thin        |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:     "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:     [THIN] Re: O/T Question about Compaq DL360

Honestly,

We got DL360 Pizza Boxes here, and there is a big problem with the CPU fans
going out and causing the servers to drop, I have had to replace 5 fans in
as many mobnths and sometimes the same fan on the same system.  Do not
believe just because they are 1U that you can stick 42 in a box and not
have problems. The physics of thermal conduction is going to get ya.

For citrix servers, I believe a DL380 is a much sturdier box, and has been
tons more reliable than the DL 360's
Ed